Saturday, May 1, 2010

Finishing Touches

We finally put the finishing touches on the bathroom renovation last weekend.  My goal was to finish before vacation, and since we leave on Thursday, I figured I'd post some pics of the before, during and after.  Brandon and I did all of the work ourselves...evenings and weekends. We stared on December 19th if that gives you any idea about how much work went into it.

Before


Dark stained cabinets, and lovely decorator plates (ugh)


Cabinets before


Brandon scraping the popcorn ceiling


Popcorn ceiling removed


Ceiling painted


Brandon removed the mirror and we found this beautiful wallpaper...which we attempted to remove.


This was a result of the wallpaper removal attempt...new drywall now part of the plans.


Demo down to the studs


New drywall up


Cabinets painted white


Bead board wainscoting goes up


Wainscoting painted, chair rail and baseboards up and painted


Crown molding and new light fixture up and it actually works!


After: new light fixture and framed the mirror


Finishing Touches, including new paneled doors


It ended up being a lot more work than we expected and all of the trim and molding took an eternity to paint.  We also ended up with a new toilet when the old tank was cracked when Brandon was reinstalling it.  All in all, it turned out pretty nice but if I spend too much time in there I find a million flaws and areas that need more work but Brandon keeps trying to remind me that it will never be perfect.  Now to decide on our next project!?!


3 comments:

  1. Wow. What a difference! I've heard the popcorn ceilings can be very difficult to remove. LOVE the bead board. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!loves it!! congrats! Brad's parents did the same things to the bathroom at their house!

    ReplyDelete