Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Hump Day

As part of my own personal Happiness Project (see "what Carol is reading") I've decided that Happy Hump Day will be a regular feature on our blog on which to list the things that make us (mostly me) happy. So, for the second edition of Happy Hump Day, here it goes...today, I feel happy about:

1) Cute Rain Boots...how can these not make you smile?!?  I saw these at Party Time the other day and thought I just have to have a pair. 
JoJo  rainBops

So after a little research online, I found these are sold by a company out of Ruston and they have a lot of cute designs and other stuff on their website...check it out here.  Every year, the first LSU football game it rains I run around town trying to find rain boots, not necessarily cute ones at that point because I'm so desperate. I'd even take some Cajun Reebok's at that time but to no avail. I didn't actually buy a pair of these yet because they didn't have my size in the store, but mark my word...I will have cute pair of rain boots before football season this year. 

2) My new addiction...Charming Charlie.  If you haven't been to Charming Charlie, you must go soon.  I went yesterday for my first visit and was completely overwhelmed.  Charming Charlie, I guess you could say is a Claire's for adults.  Purses, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, watches, pashminas, shoes, purses, clutches, sunglasses...you name it they have it, in every color and at very affordable prices.  I bought a purse, a bag, a pair of earrings, the cutest tissues and a watch today for less than $50 no joke...and that makes me very happy.  Charming Charlie if you don't know is located at the fashionable Perkins Rowe here in the big BR, go check it out!  Here are some of my purchases...


Ruffle Bangle Clutch...$15 (no joke!)
  
Beaded earrings...$5

Purple, bedazzled digital watch...$15

3) Vacation...I realize this is a repeat from last week but since we leave TOMORROW, I had to include it today because I'm very happy about this!  Here are a few more places on our itinerary...








3 comments:

  1. Ok I am in need of a Charming Charlie in Austin please. Have a wonderful vacation cant wait to here all about your adventures in Chi town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post! The Beehive store in Ruston is wonderful! When I went to school at LA Tech, I shopped there quite often. The last time I went was about 2 months before I had Hallea. So glad you posted the website, because a couple of years ago their website wasn't anything like it is now. Kellea and I actually made a road trip there before, so gald to see the website. Hope y'all have a great time on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a BLAST on your vacay girl!! can't wait to see pix!
    As for rain boots.. i was thinking about them the other day. You really don't need them here but I remember having a pair in BR and got rid of them when I moved to Reno then Vegas.
    Now I kinda wish I had them :(

    ReplyDelete