1) Fresh flowers...I decided on my way home from work on Friday to stop at Whole Foods and buy some fresh flowers. I love fresh flowers and don't get them enough. I've decided if we ever win the lottery I will have a florist on salary to keep my home full of fresh flowers at all times. I arranged them in a vase when I got home and must say I was pretty impressed with myself. The lillies kept the house smelling so good for days.
2)Sales! The gift shop at work had an "employee appreciation" sale the end of last week and everything in the store was 25% off, isn't that awesome! So, I bought this really cute canvas painting because I thought it would be perfect for the camp at the "beach", aka Grand Isle.
I also bought this cute little dip bowl with matching spreader, it was only $9 with the 25% off, can't beat that.
At Barnes and Noble on Saturday, I found a hardback book on the bargain book shelf at Barnes and Noble for $6, and I love a hardback book!
3) Sushi...twice in one week. I had girls night on Thursday and we went to Ichiban which is my all time favorite. On Saturday, we went with the Higginbothams (sans baby) to try out Rock-N-Sake for the first time. It was pretty good but I must say Ichiban is still my favorite. I love the rock-n-roll, the Ichiban roll and the snow crab naruto. I realize that none of that is actual sushi but they are my favorites.
4) Georges Seurat's A Sunday on La Grande Jatte. We saw this real painting for real, in real life at the the Art Institute of Chicago and it is huge. I have no idea of the actual dimensions but it seemed taller than me, although that's not very tall for a person it is for a painting. I just fell in love with it and we bought a print in the gift shop for our newly renovated bathroom. I framed it and Brandon hung it up this week and it makes me happy!
Seurat's A Sunday on La Grande Jatte
This week, I hope you find what makes you happy...Happy Hump Day!







love that print and fresh flowers!
ReplyDelete