Monday, March 28, 2011

Two month appointment

Addison had her two month appointment on Tuesday and it went well. The doctor had no concerns and she is growing like a weed...up to 11lbs 10 oz! I had a friend tell me her son was 12lbs at three months. We have a little butterball!! She got her first set of shots which hurt me more than it did her. She had her eyes closed on the exam table when the nurse got her with the shots, thankfully. I didn't want her looking at me when it happened because I didn't want her to think I was causing that pain. She immediately started crying and did the silent cry...you know, the one when they have their mouth open and there is no sound and no breathing!! She finally let out a wail and two big crocodile tears fell, then I got teary eyed too. My poor baby! The doctor recommends moving babies to their own room and crib at two months and to discontinue nighttime feedings. She said I could wait a few days since she had her shots that day but stressed the importance of moving her at this age and not waiting. We started on Tuesday night with no more night feedings...she said to give her a bottle at 10pm and not to feed her again until 5am. We did just that, bathed her then gave her a bottle at 10pm put her in her cradle at the bedside. She started to get a little fidgety around 4am but I didn't get up and let her be, she slept until 6:30am! So exciting! Friday night we put her in her crib in her room for the first time and she did great! Same routine, bath and bottle at 10pm then to bed. She slept again all night. She was just starting to wake up around 6:45 when I got her up and she was mad, mad, mad. It was almost like she was saying "I'm starving why did you let me sleep so late!" as I was changing her diaper. Last night, she started crying around 4am and when I got out of the bed to go check on her, she stopped crying before I got to her room. I waited outside in the hall and she went back to sleep until 6:30 again. I feel so lucky, we are so blessed, she is such a good baby. We have had a few colicky moments but not regularly and in the early evening times thankfully!
Addison, two months

11 lbs, 10 oz


No comments:

Post a Comment