I realize this post is a little late since I missed St. Patrick's Day...but have been wanting to share about our recent luck and am just now getting around to it. The week of St. Patrick's Day (which is why, I've decided this was the luck of the Irish!), I spoke with a friend of mine who told me her son got into THE daycare in town...the daycare that everyone you know is on the list. THE daycare that I haven't known anyone to actually get in. Needless to say, at first, I was pissed! We have been on the waiting list since June of last year, she just called a few weeks back because her son was born prematurely (the day before Addison) and they didn't have day care plans yet! So, I call Brandon, somewhere between livid and about to burst into tears because it doesn't make sense to me how they got in and we didn't. Brandon, as calm as ever, just says, "well, why don't we call and see where she is on the list?" I ask him to call because a)I'm pissed b)I'm at the doctor's office. So, he calls, they tell him they will need to check the list and call him back...it may be Monday (this was a Thursday). Well, about 30 minutes later they call and say they have a spot for Addision and she can start May 30th...which is about 6 weeks after I return to work. Now we have a decision to make, do we start her at the daycare we've already registered her for or wait until the end of May and have her start there?!? We went on Friday to pay our registration fee and are told she could start May 9th...well that's even better, so we just need three weeks of daycare since I return to work on the 18th. Brandon, my mom and sister have that covered, we are so good! I'm so excited, could barely sleep that Thursday night because this is just what we wanted. The daycare is at our church which is important to us, it's downtown so Brandon can also drop off/pick up some days. When we went on Friday to register her we were told they have not taken an infant off of the waiting list in nine years...NINE YEARS!!! I mean seriously, nine years! She said siblings get priority and this year they didn't have any families having babies...so they went to the waiting list. Church members also get priority so Addison and Jackson (our friend's son, who are also church members) got spots!!! Last week I received a call from the assistant director and my heart sank...I was worried it was all a joke. Instead, she told me they had reviewed her information and realized she will be 12 weeks earlier than they thought and could actually start on the 18th of April which is when I return to work...the good news just kept coming. I talked to Brandon and he said he would like to take a week off and be home with her, so it is official, Addison will start day care on April 25th. Although, I'm very sad about sending her to day care and returning to work, I'm super excited that she will be at this daycare and feel really blessed!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment