Happy hump day y'all...this week the following things put a smile on my face:
1) The night stand for the baby's room arrived on Friday, I'd post a picture but the room is such a disaster I'm certain I wouldn't be able to get an unobstructed view of the night stand. The crib is scheduled to be delivered the second week of September and the changing table topper the middle of October. It's very exciting because it's coming together very quickly!
2) Baking, baking, baking...while at the time I wouldn't have said this put a smile on my face, I know everyone loves a cookie or cupcake so it will be worth it. On Sunday I baked for hours...no joke, hours. I made one dozen tiara cookies for Olivia's birthday party, two dozen onesies for Nicole's baby shower and three dozen butterfly cookies for Hallea's birthday party...now just to decorate them all! This weekend I look forward to decorating the onesies and baking cupcakes for the baby shower and tonight will also be baking cupcakes for a work celebration. It's funny, when the word gets out that you like to bake...it spreads fast!
3) Meeting the newest addition to our family...last night I visited with my cousin who, since the last time I saw her, got married, moved to Australia and had a baby! She and her boyfriend were moving to Australia for work (which we all knew) then decided to get married before they moved, then got pregnant one month after they got married. She was in town with baby Wesley and he is just the cutest, about five months old, blue eyes and blond hair that looks like he got a military buzz cut. I'd share pictures but I was so frazzled by the time I got there because of the horrendous traffic jam that was the city of Baton Rouge yesterday, I didn't even think about taking pics, so unlike me!
We are having dinner with the neighbors tonight at Rotolos to plan our second annual Gustav anniversary party and am excited about that...last year our festivities made the news (it helps when your neighbor is a former news person). Also, in a few short weeks we will be finding out the baby's gender which will lead to shopapalooza and I can hardly wait.
Hope everyone has a fabulous hump day...may you find what makes you smile this week!







Who's your neighbor?????email me ;)
ReplyDelete