Happy hump day y'all...I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day and remembered what we celebrate for. This week was pretty chill until the weekend which will be the bulk of this edition of Happy Hump Day. So, here it goes...this week the following things made my smile:
1)Millie...she was so funny playing with her new tennis ball this week. I fed her while she was playing with her tennis ball and she was so confused as to how to proceed, it was as if I could see the wheels turning in her head. She didn't want to put the tennis ball down because she was having so much fun, but she was really excited to eat dinner, so what's a girl to do? Here's what she worked out:
Tennis ball in her bowl with her food and she just ate around the tennis ball until she was finished, picked up the tennis ball and resumed her play. She's such a funny little dog!
2) The first annual Bayou Country Superfest in Tiger Stadium was this weekend and although I was dreading it I actually enjoyed myself. We bought the tickets ages ago and I was really excited when we bought them but when it came down to it the thought of spending most of the weekend in the heat with 40,000 other people didn't appeal to me and to add to that Brandon had to work on Saturday and couldn't even go. The headline on Saturday was Taylor Swift, so I brought my niece with me because what 10 year old doesn't like Taylor Swift?!? So we went and enjoyed ourselves, only got a little wet from the rain and also got to see Kelli Pickler and Keith Urban, not too bad.
Madalynn and I waiting for the show to start
I also loved that some of the stars showed some love for LSU.
Keith Urban in his LSU t-shirt
Taylor Swift in her LSU jersey
On Sunday, Brandon and I went together and the weather was pretty good after the early afternoon rain. Sundays line up included Jason Aldean, Brooks and Dunn and Kenny Chesney. Kenny brought a few special guests on stage including Uncle Kracker, Les Miles and Sean Payton with the Lombardi trophy which was pretty cool...the whole stadium was screaming "Who Dat!" when he came out. It was funny because Kenny Chesney just says "hey look what I got" and turns around with the Superbowl trophy in his hand!
Kenny, Sean and the Lombardi Trophy
Both nights they ended the show with fireworks and it was just a lot of fun spending time in Tiger Stadium (including beer and margaritas, a girl could get use to that!) and hanging out with friends.
3) Which leads me to my next item...spending time with friends. We celebrated our friend Beau's birthday this week at DiGuilio Brothers. It's always nice to enjoy dinner with friends and celebrating birthdays. Carrie Madge surprised him with a cake after dinner, it was good food and good friends.
Happy Birthday Beau Higg!
Also, we ran into another couple friend of ours at the concert who had seats near ours. They had some empty seats around so we sat with them and enjoyed the concert with friends on Sunday.
Me and Alycia
Monty and Alycia
Brandon and I
Happy Hump Day...may you find what makes you happy!







That line up for both days sounds awesome. Love me some Kenny Chesney! Oh.. and love that some of the stars wore LSU gear and that the trophy was there. I bet everyone freaked out!
ReplyDelete