One of the items on my bucket list is to be a contestant on the show Wipe Out. I figured this was the closest I'd get to making it a reality, so I signed up like no biggie. Not until a friend of mine, who I was trying to talk into joining us, educated me on some of the obstacles, then I feared for my life...seriously, I'm not a swimmer and truthfully don't consider myself physical fit.
My coworker, Emily (third from left) came up with the name of Foxy Foam Fighters and made our capes. They were a challenge on some obstacles but went with our superhero theme. This is our fresh and clean pre race shot.
Victorious at the top! But then I had to get over and down...tough stuff. I was so proud of me at this point because several of my teammates were going to skip the third and fourth walls but I was pumped to be so close to the finish line. I gave a little motivational speech and we all gave it our best.
Final jog to the finish line as a team.
Team photo op...I have this framed in my cubicle at work. We decided it was a good team building exercise and we should recruit other coworkers next time.
Dirty shoes, post race.
Tons of fun...and I burned 1256 calories!
Emily told me on Tuesday that another foam/mud race is coming to town in the fall...she's already recruiting team mates...I'm in!

















How fun!! I think I would be laughing my butt off!
ReplyDelete