Happy hump day everyone...here's what put a smile on my face this week:
1) Nursery is painted - when I came home from work on Friday, imagine the smile on my face to find Brandon had painted the baby's room! I was so excited I couldn't believe he got it done while I was working...such a relief because I didn't feel obligated to help. He rolled the walls and only had the trim work to complete by the time I got home but had run out of paint. He was eager to put the crib together last night but I just didn't have the energy...maybe this weekend.
2) Bowl For A Cure - On Sunday I was so blessed to have some of our friends join us at Don Carter's All Star Lanes for the first annual Bowl For A Cure. For those of you who aren't aware, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and is a cause that is very important to me. This was the first year our local Komen affiliate held the Bowl For A Cure and I couldn't think of a better reason to get the old bowing team together. Once known as the "Bunch of Spares" team we use to participate in a Monday night bowling league but we all started having babies and now have no time/energy for weekly bowling. I'm so thankful for great friends that support a great cause with us!
Bunch of Spares (+ a few extra team members)
3) Christmas Club - I got my check today...and there is nothing better than unexpected money in the middle of October. I just put a little each pay period into the Christmas Club at the Credit Union at work and they hold onto it (earning a wee bit of interest) until October when they give it to me to spend on Christmas presents, it's genius! I really felt like I'd won the lottery today when I went to the Credit Union, for other business, and she asked if I wanted my Christmas Club check...well yes I do! The best part is, it is just in time for Hollydays and the Oak Alley Fall Arts and Crafts Festival this weekend, so now I have money to spend!
Happy Hump Day to each and every one of you, may you find what makes you smile this week!







No comments:
Post a Comment