Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Hump Day

Happy hump day everybody...here are a few things that put a smile on my face this week:

1) Baby clothes - so I swore I would only spend $50 a paycheck on baby clothes but now that we've found out it's a girl it is almost impossible not to buy everything I see. One of my recent finds that I'm totally smitten with is the dress below. I found it on sale at Kelly's Kids and thought it was so cute and would be perfect for crawfish boils next summer! It also has coordinating ribbons that tie at the shoulders but I took them off for now.


Then I realized it was reversible and thought...OMG how can I not order this, it's two dresses in one!
It wasn't until after it arrived and I checked it out did I realize it's actually three dresses in one because the button tab on the blue side with the crawfish (well, they call them lobsters, but I'm calling them crawfish) reverses as well and has firecrackers on it...perfect for 4th of July!


Seriously, have you ever seen anything as cute at that?!?! I was so happy with my purchase! I also bought her Easter outfit already (you can see it in the background of the first picture), the cutest pink bubble outfit with chocolate bunnies smocked across the collar. I love it too!!! I already told Brandon, this little girl is going to bankrupt us for sure!

2) My belly - for the first time on Monday, I had a perfect stranger ask me when my baby is due which made me so happy because this means I'm pass the "you look like you've had too many cheeseburgers" stage and I really look pregnant now. I've been trying to get Brandon to take a picture of my expanding waist line on a weekly basis but he's hard to tie down. Last week I did get him to take a pic...here it is, but be warned, I'm a beast! Check out how wide my nose it already.

Me at 22 weeks pregnant

That's not the funny part though...the funny part is Brandon said look at my belly and I took a picture of his too. Check this out!





3) An LSU victory - even though it wasn't pretty, it was a win and the Tigers being 4-0 puts a smile on any LSU fan's face. It was a late game, 8pm kickoff and I surprisingly made it the whole game and was on my feet, jumping up and down until the very end. I hope they can keep squeezing them out but sure wish they looked better.



4) Spending time with Amanda - My friend Amanda came into town on Sunday for a work conference this week and we had a late lunch at Zoes Kitchen (yum!) and did some shopping at Towne Center. We don't get to see each other as often as we like, so it's always great to get in a visit.



5) Cooler weather - with lows in the 60's and highs in the 80's this week, there is a lot to smile about in southern Louisiana! The weather has been so awesome, I hope the fall-like temps stay for a while because a girl (especially a pregnant girl!) could sure get use to it.


Happy hump day y'all...may you find what puts a smile on your face this week!



1 comment:

  1. You look so cute!

    And, that dress? Kelly's Kids? Dangerous stuff. I love it all.

    A tip......once your baby girl grows up a bit......consider resale. I never bought from resale shops until just recently and I regret it now. Kelly's Kids outfits can be found at the store I worked at for $6.99! And, they look brand new! Also, I've copied lots of Kelly's stuff by monogramming similar clothes on my own. LOVED her striped tankini last year with the 3 initial monogram, but didn't want to spend $70 on it. So, I bought a similar suit for $12 at Target and monogrammed it for $3. Same colors, same idea. 90% of the cuteness!

    Enjoy it all. I had 2 boys and then a girl. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete